Links

Thursday, April 03, 2014

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through all of my pictures. Little lost moments in time that I have either taken, scanned or stolen from the internet that has some kind of a significance in my life or those around me. Sometimes it's pretty easy to find that one special picture for the week and sometimes it's not that easy. One thing that it always is however is a whole lot of fun.

This weeks picture is from where we will be heading this time next week. To Washington DC. The picture that you see here is the World War I Memorial. It's a small memorial south of the reflecting pond that seems to go unnoticed by many of the visitors.

My Grandfather who raised me was a veteran of WWI, as well as I believe his brother was as well, but I could be wrong about that.

AS Michelle and I was walking around the south end of the reflecting pool, towards the much more prevalent WW II Memorial and the Washington Monument, we stopped by this memorial briefly.

There are so many war memorials at the National Mall that some very significant ones tend to get overlooked by later more elaborate Memorials. None really any more important than the other, but all very significant in our nations history.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: