Links

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well snowmageddon is now behind us and the sub zero temperatures that they were calling for today look to be non existent. I would say Monday is behind me, but the blue footed booby and myself were partying with the sloths yesterday as Michelle was at work. Can't think of a better reason to do a tidbits.

* 2,180 days ago my life changed for the better forever. I had the opportunity to take a lovely young lady out for a night on the town.

* 1,404 days ago I got down on one knee and proposed to make the arrangement that we had a little more permanent. It was our 777th day of dating, and yes I have hit the daily number on that combination.

* 941 days ago in front of our closest friends and family, we exchanged our wedding vows making it legal.

* I only have 6,481 days or so to go until I retire, give or take a few.

* 302 days from now, I will write my goodbye 2014 blog. I still have plenty of time for content and a few more "I Hate Snow" phrases.

* 296 more shopping days left until Christmas.

* 187 days until we once again set sail on our cruise to the Caribbean, same cruise we have taken the past couple of years, but we love it.

* 155 days to go until our 3rd Wedding Anniversary.

* 141 more days to go until we party down with Jimmy Buffett in Pittsburgh with the rest of the Pittsburgh area Parrot Heads.

* 16 days to go, just 16 more days to go until we officially reach spring time.

* Don't forget to set your clocks ahead an hour this weekend as we spring forward. Days will start getting longer and warmer and I can't say it will not be welcomed.

* This is my 3,566th blog post that I have written. Can't say I didn't follow through on that whim to try blogging, as I will be celebrating my 10th year as a blogger while in the Caribbean. Can't think of a better way to celebrate it.

* Today is Fat Tuesday, the beads will be flying in New Orleans tonight as tomorrow is Ash Wed. I'm sure there will be a few beads and bare breasts around Morgantown tonight as well.

* There was a lot of sadness in the Dalton household this past weekend. My niece Amy's pet chicken Marvin was accidentally ran over by a car. Yes her pet chicken, they have I think 15 chickens and Marvin was the one that had a personality and came in the house when it was cold out, he was a part of the family.

* Val has been trying to find a lost dog the past few days.

* Ever wondered how bad our State Road is at treating roads? Check out this video. Dear State Legislature, this is coming from an underpopulated Point Marion to Morgantown, where the states largest best equipped Medical facility is located. Get off your butts and do something about this, that means start paying the Salt Truck Drivers a fair wage so they stay rather than go to the fracking industry.

* West Virginia has a new old current and now permanent President. E Gordon Gee who was first a University President at WVU in the early 80's, and current interim President has been unanimously approved to be WVU's next President. I think this is a Home Run hire for WVU, but I'm sure there are others who will disagree.

* I have an eye appointment later this week with Dr. Mitchell, and I have to go in for an A1C sometime this week. I was going to do it yesterday, but in-climate weather and closings everywhere I felt I could find a more optimal time to do this. Maybe this morning.

* Had to order some new parts for Hayley's computer, Chad who is a computer whiz kid is fixing it so I just bought the parts.

* We've had Hayley's Dog Gracie the last couple of days, just in case Hayley had to stay at her friends house who lives closer to her work and couldn't get home due to the weather.

* Hi ho hi ho


No comments: