Links

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to sit back and take a little bit of time out and look through all my digital pictures that I have, find one and reflect a little bit upon that picture. Sometimes I rack my brain, sometimes it comes easy. This week, it came pretty easy.

With Christmas coming up I decided that would be a good theme to find this weeks pic and there it was.

My Father passed away in the summer of 1999. At his funeral we had a picture of him how many people would remember him. You see, my father lived to be a coal miner and we though that may be the best way top represent him. People loved the picture, especially his co-workers who attended. Many of which worked for him and he pretty much fed on a daily basis. I remember seeing him pick up 15 pizzas one day on his way to work, no joke.

Well my sister Terri has that picture, and in 2004 her an Nick opened up the Country Inn in Fairmont. As a family, we decided to have our Christmas party at the bar that year, with my father hanging in his place of honor.

We miss you Dad.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: