Links

Monday, March 11, 2024

A New Day

Weekend is over, it's time for us to take our collective noses and stick them back onto that grindstone called life and get back to doing what it is that we do for a living to make this a better rock to live on.

Today is the day when that big monstrosity that you see in the background gets knocked down and removed. It started out as a big garage, but Michael wanted to put a set of apartments up stairs and him and Mickey had the idea of making it two stories to couple up the revenue. They were never able to finish them as they ran out of money he used some of it to build MiHaley's across the street. Now 15 years later, it's going to be knocked down and removed. 

Also I start a new job today. I was hired by a company called AliPro to contract for Electrical Power Engineers (EPE).  I do have to say that I'm excited to be getting back into Electricity rather than working in Natural Gas. Electricity pays a lot more than gas does, and their market is more consistent over the course of the year. I would imagine I will be consulting with power companies as they convert over to an ESRI OMS (Outage Management System) over the course of the next couple of years. We did this when I was contracted to Duquense Light, not I will be working for a company that specializes in this. I'm excited for the opportunity, It may lead into bigger and better things. 

Oh and the biggest news of the day? My sister Terri has her last Chemo treatment, today is the day that she gets to ring that bell and if I were her I would the everloving shit out of it. This has been going on for months and this is the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Have yourselves a great day. 

Hi hi ho hi

No comments: