Links

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Sunday Morning

Here Peanut and I sit in the early AM of a quiet Sunday morning. We're having an in-depth conversation that was started years ago by Archie Bunker, do you put on a sock and a sock and a shoe and a shoe or do you do as thee meathead did and put on a sock and a shoe and a sock and a shoe. I'm the sock and sock kind of person, Peanut insists that it's a sock and a shoe, but what does she know she's a cat and doesn't wear shoes. 

It was 45 years ago today that I lost the first influential person in my life. Ellis John Hall left this world on this day in 1977, someone who still to this day is very influential in my life, someone I had only really known for the first 13 years of my life was gone. 27 years after that fateful night, or 17 years ago today depending on which was you are counting, I graduated from West Virginia University. 

Today here in Morgantown, there is another commencement. today at the Football Stadium instead of the Coliseum. So today we say goodbye to many residents who have made Morgantown their home over the past few years, don't worry they will be replaced by a new bunch this fall. I'm just excited that traffic is finally going to die down until August. 

May 16th is a day I will always remember. Have yourselves a great day and make it a good one. 

No comments: