Links

Monday, May 31, 2021

Memorial Day

As we all extend our weekends another day, let us all remember the reason why we have this day off. Today is Memorial Day, it is the unofficial start of Summer but that is not the reason for the day. Today we honor the fallen heroes from our military who did not return home. 

I am proud to say that I have two grandfathers who fought and served, a step-grandfather who fought and served and a few other family members who fought for and served our country and are no longer with us. 

For what they did, today I will travel to three grave yards and visit a number of graves and place a few flags on each and every one of those graves. My Dad served but got out years before Vietnam started but I will also put a flag on his grave as well simply because he's my Dad and I always do. 

I hope everyone has had a great weekend, enjoy your extra day before we all start another week tomorrow. I will be working in Morgantown both this week and next, so no traveling for me before we go to Delaware on Thursday. 

Have yourselves a great day and thank you to all who served and fought for us. 

 

No comments: