Links

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Once again here I sit in a quiet household. I'm the only one up as everyone else is in dreamland sleeping the night away with the exception of me. I've always been an early riser so that's really nothing new.

It's game day once again here in Morgantown. The Maryland Terrapins will be here at noon today for an early kickoff for the days events. The Mountaineers are 3-0 and lead by the current Heisman Trophy favorite Geno Smith and the Air Raid passing offense. This will be the first home game in three weeks as we were off two weeks ago and played James Madison in DC last week. I'm sure the tailgaters are getting ready to line up and there will be people with "I need tickets" signs everywhere.

I did get a chance to work on Mom's computer this week. It was slowed down terribly and she loves to surf the net, so I had two options. One was to optimize it and clean it up, but that could have taken a few days and two just reformat it and make it like new again. I chose to just reformat it so I could get it back to her in the shortest amount of time. I took it back last night, I'm sure she was happy to get back on Facebook.

The new iPhone 5 released yesterday. I stopped by the local AT&T store for a co-worker to let him know how many people were in line. at 6:45 I counted 15 people at this one, David said by the time the store opened the line was around the store. He's having his shipped to him today from Chicago and he was there to get one for his brother. He asked me to get a status update of the line for him when I went to work so he knew what he was in for. He had talked about camping out at 3:00 to get one for his brother (he has a 64 GB coming in today from Chicago).

All three local High Schools won last night in High School football action.

Let's Go Mountaineers.

No comments: