Links

Sunday, June 03, 2018

Sunday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, Michelle got back from Holly's early evening yesterday and now all the planets are aligned again. I'm up extra early, but am planning on laying back down. No idea what is playing on the TV, but something is.

It's amazing what kind of stupid facts you learn in the early morning. Yesterday I watched an old Richard Pryor movie that I used to love called Greased Lightning. It was the true story of the first back professional race car driver, a man named Wendell Scott from Danville Virginia. The big ending of the movie was when Scott was the first African American driver to win a race in the big what we call NASCAR Circuit today. He won the 1964 Jacksonville 200, which was actually ran on the day that I was born despite its name. It'a amazing what kind of insignificant facts you can learn in the early morning.

Oh what to do today, not too much out of the normal. Grocery shopping etc, just our typical Sunday with no frills or excitement. We, or at least I have become so predictable on my weekends. Next weekend Michelle is running back home again for another Graduation Party and I'll be staying in town for Smitty and Steph's 15th Wedding Anniversary Party.

Have yourselves a great day.

No comments: