Links

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through some of the pictures that I have either taken, scanned or stolen off of the internet through the years and find one special picture that stands out. Little lost moments in time from yesterday caught with a Cameras lens and relived right here in my blog. Sometimes it's pretty easy to find that one special picture and sometimes it's not that easy, one thing it consistently is however is a whole lot of fun.

For six years of my life, from 1991-1997 I lived and worked at a place in Fairmont called the Helmick Corporation. I was the lead over the melting operations, which means I did a lot of metal pouring (see my jacket that I wore to the left) to actually running and loading the furnace (in background).

Over a course of 6 years, I would guess my average work week if you totaled them all up and averaged them would have been somewhere around 60 hours a week. I never worked only 40, and sometimes worked as many as 82 in one week rebuilding ladles (on the right) during down time.

I would walk into this building every day and I would say to myself, this is my domain. I gave my heart and soul to this job and was very proud of what I had done, who I was leading and our ability to do what we did. It's a big part of who I am, even all these years later.

Have yourselves a great day.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: