Links

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit once again on a quiet Saturday Morning, I'm the first one to recover from that losing battle with that dreaded Sandman last night and I'm up collecting my thoughts for the day and watching Captain Ron on the Boob Tube.

First and foremost of all tonight is Light Up Night at Wesmon Park. All proceeds from tonight's festivities go to a very good cause, the Johnny Koon Brain Tumor Research Fund at WVU Children's Hospital. Lanterns and Butterflies are a $5.00 Donation, should be a great evening and a very photographic evening for all. Come out and support a great cause.

Well yesterday was the first time I had actually seen my brother Gary since everything went down earlier this month. He had a Preliminary Hearing yesterday afternoon and Pam, Terri, Val, Amy and I were all there to see how everything turned out. I think things turned out more than fair for him, but I have to say that it's time for a little tough love and realize that he needs some professional help and he's not going to get it when he has the ability to do what he wants. He is on the road to recovery, but it is going to be a long road.

This morning we are going to go and grab Gary's possessions from the house and clean up what we need to clean up there. The house has been in our family for 32 years and it will be a very sad day to see it go, but it is just a structure and no one can take away the memories that we have formed there. It's time for the next family to create their own memories there as we preserve ours in our memories.

Have yourselves a great day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are one wise man George.....sometimes we need to let those we love learn from their bad choices....love always remains even when things are tuff. Will be praying for the family..the road some choose to travel is not good...there needs to be consequences for one's actions. HANG TUFF....if ya need support I can loan ya my 44 DD Playtex bra....that is good for at least 18 hours....LOLOLOL....hugs

George Hall said...

Thank You, these are troubling times for some of the rest of us. We will all get through it.