Links

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well that dreaded thing that we refer to as Monday is now once again behind us and we are staring straight down the barrel of a Tuesday, other than Penguins at the beach I can't think of a better reason for a tidbits.

* It was 18,650 days ago that my Mother gave birth to me, the first of three Children she had and her contribution to a better world.

* 3,873 days ago I fulfilled the better late than never dream of Graduating from West Virginia University,

* 2,474 days ago I had the opportunity to take a recently widowed Mother of two out for a night on the town, the movie was horrible but she must have forgiven me as we are still together.

* 1,698 days ago I figured I made this wonderful woman wait long enough and proposed to make our relationship a permanent one.

* 1,235 days ago in front of our closest family and friends, we became Husband and Wife.

* If you are waiting to do your Christmas Shopping, you better get a start on it as you have only 2 days to go. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve so you better be getting to it.

* Only 8 more days to go until my Goodbye 2014 Blog. Where I relive the highlights of the past year month by month in one blog post. I have everything written except for the last few entries of this month where I am still adding content.

* There are only 87 days to go until Springtime, since we are now officially in winter. Yuck.

* In 145 more days my niece Brittany will graduate from West Virginia University.

* In 226 more days Michelle and I will celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary.

* There are only 343 more days to go until my 52nd Birthday -)

* I have around 6,187 days or so, give or take a few hundred here or there, until I retire. Still a long way to go, but it is actually getting closer. I guess I'm no longer a spring chicken.

* This is my 3,890th post that I have written in over a decade of Blogging for George's Journal. It's amazing that I have managed to stick with it for that long, but it has provided a nice journal for me to use as a reference tool in my life and events surrounding it.

* The Pittsburgh Steelers are now officially back in the playoffs for the first time in a few years. With a 10-5 record, they will host the Cincinnati Bengals Sunday night for the AFC North Division Title. Winning this game guarantees them a home playoff game next week, a loss would put them on the road during the first week of the playoffs.

* It doesn't appear like we are going to have a White Christmas here in North Central West Virginia this year, it's going to be a little too warm on the only day of the year I actually like to see snow.

* I'm not sure if I have ever mentioned this before, but I Hate Snow.

* I'm thinking about writing multiple blogs for tomorrow, I know one I want to do is going to be once again posting all of the Christmas Eve videos that I have done from years past up again which will include last years video. A way to reflect on years gone by. That will be my second blog of the day following my normal posting for the day.

* With the day after Christmas now a Federal Holiday this year, this is going to be a very short week for me at work. =)

* The Mountaineer Basketball team is off to a good start, this may be one to watch come tournament time because I think they can go far.

* Speaking of going far, the last time we won Steeler Trivia they won the Super Bowl that year. They are looking awfully good right now and are pretty much healthy.

* I'm so ready to watch a Christmas Story a couple dozen times this week, I usually watch it until my wife gets sick of it.

* Michelle and I made our weekly trip out to the new Baseball Field being built, it's looking good and there are now lights up. I'm getting excited for Baseball already.

* Have a wonderful day no matter where you may be.

* Hi ho hi ho

No comments: