Links

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sunday Morning

Here I sit yet once again in the not so early AM for me, I was the first one to recover from a losing battle with the Sandman last night and I'm up early catching my thoughts for the day and watching As Good AS It Gets. Both Michelle and I are up as she is drinking her juice of the gods (Coffee) and waking up.

Michelle is feeling much better today than she did yesterday, last night she was starting to get a little cold and clammy before I went to bed, but she appears to have slept very well and is wide awake this morning. She seems to recover more and more each day, to say that I am proud of her is an understatement.

I did manage to get 315 of Jeans pictures scanned yesterday and put them in not one, but two albums, that brings the grand total to 607 of her pictures that I have scanned over the past two weekends in three albums. Unfortunately that is all of the pictures that she has stored up in the closet. A special thank you to Jean for allowing me to capture these images and a very special Thank You to my sister Pam who was the one who organized all these pictures years ago. I've bought a couple more albums to replace the aging ones that they were in and hopefully we can get together and make a few more albums out of these. Add that to the 301 of Mom's pictures that I have scanned a couple of weeks ago and that will make a grand total of 908 scanned pictures over the last few weekends. I still have some other pictures that need scanned, but these are the same ones I had last spring that I never quite got around to. Anyone else have pictures they want scanned? I'm building a family archive and I think that between what I have scanned and what Kim had done, that that is a whole lot of old pictures to reference for everyone. That is well over 1,000 lost treasures brought back for a digital life.

Next up may be converting VHS to digital, Jean has a number of tapes that we need to look through and determine what needs to be converted as well.

Our schedule is back to normal today, we'll be heading out to the grocery store here in a little while and we'll also be finishing up laundry today. This is probably going to be the extent of our day. I think Michelle and I are going to switch Subaru's for a couple of days, as the clutch may be a little hard for her to navigate this week. The Forrester is a 5 Speed and the Legacy is an Automatic.

Have a great day.


No comments: