Links

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Morning BRRRRRRR

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, he fireplace is a going as it is a very bitter 18° F Outside. I'm not sure who won last night's fight, The Sandman or Jack Frost but I have a fireplace a going pretty good and have since yesterday afternoon.

Michelle is still sleeping, but would imagine she will be waking up in the next hour or so. We still have our grocery shopping to do today as we shampooed the carpets yesterday in a very good and efficient amount of time. Two machines going, two people working together and filling the machines at different times and having the other person set up, we managed to get the carpets done in an hour and 20 minutes. It usually takes much longer, but two Machines had us working like one big two headed carpet scrubbing machine.

I'll have to split some firewood and fill up the racks that we have inside by the fireplace, as I have managed to burn most of the wood that was in here and in those racks. I did manage to make a dumb move yesterday and grab a large burning log with my bare hand because I thought the fire had went out, I quickly learned that this was not the case.

Grocery shopping, watching some football and just plain relaxing in this bitter cold weather is on our agenda today. Maybe even another battle with the Sandman once again, since it is cold, snowy and not a whole lot of fun to be outside (now I understand why bears hibernate for the winter), so another nap may be in order on this day.

I wonder if my niece Val is hung over this morning or if she prayed to the porcelain god, Ralph be thy name last night as they were celebrating her turning 21 again (30).

Have a great day and stay warm.
 

No comments: