Links

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit early on a Saturday Morning being the first one to recover from a losing battle with the sandman last night, of course I was the first to lose the battle as well. I'm up early watching Dog the Bounty Hunter on whatever channel Michelle left the TV on last night.

I thought going to the WVDMV in the middle of the month would be less of a headache and less crowded, that was a gross miscalculation on my part to say the least. I was there about an hour and a half from the time I walked in until the time I walked out of the door. I guess there they are starting to voluntarily switch over from State ID drivers Licenses to National ID's, but it is all voluntary at this time. They are talking that by 2018 in West Virginia it will be fully implemented. Being you are going to need a National ID to do a number of things in years to come including getting on an airplane, collect social security, or gain access to any Federal Building (Like NETL or any other National Lab when you are a visitor) so I just decided to opt for the National ID. I have a temporary paper copy that server as my drivers license for now, and they will send me the permanent card in a few weeks.

I didn't use it for identification for my drivers license, but my Social Security card has been through the washer a couple of times and is in a couple of pieces, so I stopped by the Social Security office and applied for a new card. It used to be you went in, filled out some paperwork and you had one. Not anymore, this is now a time consuming process and good thing I had my paperwork from getting my license earlier, so that made the process a little easier. I was there a good 45 minutes to an hour, you have to sign in electronically, get a number and fill out the paperwork before they will see you.

Last night Michelle and I stopped and shopped at Lowes for Mom's Christmas Tree this year. We got it last night and took it up to her place. It'll be nothing to put up, as it's a 6 1/2 pre-lit three piece tree, it'll be easy to put up or take down. I just need to coordinate a time with everyone to get together, put it up and decorate it. Like I said the lights are already built into it and it's just three pieces that fold up, so we're talking a brief moment to assemble it. It's giving it a life and a personal touch of everyone in the family is where I need help. I'll move stuff around and set the tree up, so that will be most of the work, we just need everyone to give it a personal touch to give this tree a life. I am asking everyone to bring a personal bulb or ornament and bring as many as you want that are personalized. It's easy to grab a box of bulbs, but that doesn't give the tree any significance, meaning or life. A true Christmas tree is one that you look at and can reflect and tell a story about each and every decoration on it.

Have a great day.

No comments: