Links

Thursday, November 07, 2013

Photo Flashback Thursday




Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through all the photographs that I have either taken, scanned or stolen off of the internet from someone else through the years. Little lost moments in time that I like to briefly relive and share with everyone on my blog. Sometimes it's pretty easy to do this, a simple task so to speak, and sometimes this is not so easy and a little troubling, it is however always a whole lot of fun.

This weeks pic which I may have used before, not really sure but it is one has caused me to do a little reflection this past week. This is either Christmas in 1969 or 1970, my guess it is 1969 as I see the culprit tri-cycle in the back that caused me to have this permanent scar that I have between my eyes when the front wheel came off and I did a face plant into the parking lot of Drummond Chapel Church.

Also in this picture from the right is my Grandfather, my wonderful cousins and big sisters from another mister (yes I stole that) Sharon and Lynne with me bending down int he front. Yes I know, I was a very cute young one =). This was a Christmas and a time when you got Spirographs, Lite Brites , Wizzers and all other kinds of fun toys.

Closing out the picture was my Dad in the green shirt and my Uncle Ralph who will most likely be the subject of a near future heart felt blog in the very near future.

This was one of those magical Christmas' and a time when I had to pretend to be sleeping upstairs and poke my head around the corner with my cousin Lynne so we could possible get a look at Santa Claus and see if he had eaten the wonderful cookies that we had left for him.

I've had many wonderful Christmas memories throughout my nearly 50 years. This was one that will always be one of my favorites from my early youth. It was a time when I was young and innocent and a time when I had to watch walking through doors because Lynne was always there to scare the crap out of me.

My how time flies

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: