Links

Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Veterans Day

Today I get a day off, thanks to the brave men and women that have served our country as we elect a day to celebrate them. Today is Veterans Day and a Federal Holiday.

Although I never took the time out to serve, my Father, Grandfathers and my Nephew Moke as well as a few cousins did take that time out and served their country. It is because of their sacrifices, that I get to extend my weekend one last day.

I would like to extend a heart felt thank you to each and every person who has volunteered to protect our country, both past and present, for it is them and their sacrifices that allows the rest of us to enjoy the freedoms that we have today.

My plans for the day are not too much of anything of any importance. I need to go down to the WVDMV sometime this month to renew my drivers license, but this is a Federal Holiday and that is a State office that observes all Federal Holidays.

My lovely wife is not as fortunate as I am today, she's working today as it is not a Holiday for everyone. Maybe I'll make her some good home made bacon fried in a seasoned cast iron skillet and some freshly ground and brewed coffee to send her on her day.

Hopefully we get our drier fixed as the new bearings will have come in and they can be replaced.

Have a great day.

No comments: