Links

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit on a quiet Saturday Morning, Hayley and Jared are off camping so it's just me and Michelle here, not forgetting a couple dogs, cats and the Pipmeister (Hayley's rabbit). It's quiet and peaceful, other than some movie playing in the background and the sounds of the fans in the bedroom creating a rhythmic and relaxing humming sound. I was the first one knocked out by that dreaded Sandman last night, and I am the first to recover from his beating this morning.

Last week when we were at Lowes, we were looking at Christmas Decorations and THIS ONE caught both mine and Michelle's eyes. It was perfect and I was looking at it yesterday online, so I had to have it. Yesterday evening we went to Lowes and they were all sold out. The only one they had left was the display and he said he would give it to me for $60.00, I thought for a whole millisecond before I responded with a simple "We'll take it". It's animated, plays music and lights up, it was actually significantly heavier than I imagined and it is now ours.

We are two weeks away from turning our kitchen into its annual day of being a "Cookie Factory", when Michelle bakes all the Christmas cookies and I'm quality control/tester.

Today however is a day of our pre-holiday winter cleaning when we shampoo and scrub the carpets. We have a rug doctor that we got pretty much brand new for a song last year, and we're going to go and get a second one so that we can get through this pretty quickly and with both of us shampooing carpets and working together.

Next weekend's agenda is Christmas Trees. I'm going to try to set my Mom's up Friday Afternoon and Southern States gets theirs in on Monday so we'll be setting up our live tree next Saturday.

It's supposed to be a cold this weekend and the fireplace is already set up and ready to go, all I have to do it light one or two pieces of paper and it's set up to do the rest and give us a nice warm fire.

Have a great day.

No comments: