Links

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day

I would like to wish all the fathers out there a very Happy fathers Day today.

Much like Mothers Day, Fathers Day is a day whose origins are from North Central West Virginia, despite giving credit to someone from Oregon two years later. It was originally a day set aside to honor the fallen miners of Monongah.

The picture to the left I felt was pretty appropriate for me and today. The man on the far left is my own Father George Sr long before I was even thought of.

The man in the middle is the man who raised me until his passing when I was just a teen ager, my Grandfather Ellis Hall.

Unfortunately for me both of these Fatherly influences have moved on and no longer with us. Grandpa Hall in 1977 and Dad 22 years later. I took a little bit of time out on Memorial Day to visit both of their grave sites as they were both the two most influential men to ever enter my life.

Happy Fathers Day, fire up the grills.

No comments: