Links

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008


* West Virginia started the year off right with a win in the Fiesta Bowl against The Oklahoma Sooners. Bill Stewart was offered the Full Time head Coaching position for WVU hours after the Fiesta Bowl win.

* I managed to fry my computer after coming home from a WVU basketball and spilling water over and it bounced up and into the vent and onto the Hard Drive. I was online writing an e-mail as I got the Blue Screen of Death.

* Morgantown's airport started offering exclusive flights to Dulles Air Port. An airport that was as far away from my office as my home was to the Morgantown Airport.

* I ran into an old friend from about 20+ years earlier.



* Phil ruined my day by seeing his shadow. The damn rat.

* I found out that a few years earlier that my cousin Rusty had passed away. It was an accident that I found this out, needless to say it was a shocker also.

* I made my 1,000th BLOG post. This was one heck of an accomplishment, I am well on my way to 1,500 in 2009.




* WVU beat arch rivals Pitt in basketball.

* 8 Women from Morgantown killed our Karma and was the $276 Million Powerball jackpot.

* I started dating the love of my life, I even gave her a second date.

* I was informed by Infotech that I was going to be laid off. They were shipping everything that I did offshore as they were an Indian owned company. They were shipping all GIS work to India.



* My last Day with Infotech was on a Monday...

...My first day with Information Manufactoring Corporation was the next day. =)

* I had the opportunity to meet Michelle's family for the first time.

* Robert cheated and ended up rolling his first career 300 game. I counted, the ball did not rotate the appropriate number of times on numerous balls, his score should have been 0. (Congrats Robert)

* Michelle and I had our first (of many) picture taken together at her Neice Samantha's birthday party.


* I was invited by Chris Ostein to be a member of his Steelers Trivia Show team that would be taped in the first of June.

* Michelle and I did Pedlar's Glory, a very tough and hilly geocache that I challenge anyone who wants to get into shape to try.

* I purchased a Magic Jack.

* Michelle, Hayley, Wyatt and I did numerous Geocaches and took trips to Deep Creek Lake and Ohio Pyle.

* Michelle had her Gall Bladder removed. I tried to sell the thing on eBay, but no takers.

* I was honored as the 6th member ever inducted into the Blue and Gold New's Hall of Fame. This is the largest WVU sports forum community with as many as 25,000 members on at any time. Annually they nominate, vote for and elect one member to the Hall of Fame. This was my induction year.


* I participated in and helped win the 2008 KDKA McDonald's Pittsburgh Steelers trivia show. We were not allowed to tell anyone that we won until after the show aired.

* Michelle, Hayley and I went to Cheddars for Hayley's birthday and to Deep Creek Lake the next day. Wyatt was with us for the trip to Cheddars and a chance to see Kung Fu Panda.

* Moke attended his first day of college.

* We had our annual BOPARC paintball day at Mountain Valley Paintball Park. Ironically I ran into an old college mate that day that helped me get get the best job I've ever had a few months later.

* Joe Alexander was selected with the eighth pick of the NBA draft.

* Michelle and I celebrated 100 days.

* Went the annual Rosiak party.


* We took a trip to Idlewild Park, Michelle had won tickets on WVAQ and we chose our park.

* Rich Fraudrigeuz realized he was going to lose his court case and owe WVU the $4 Million. Nice settlement moron...ROFLMAO.

* Our first Round KDKA Steelers trivia show aired.

* Michelle, Hayley and I took a nice trip to Blackwater Falls to do a little bit of geocaching.

* Michelle and I went and saw Jimmy Buffett in concert at the Post Gazette Pavillion in Pittsburgh. I think Michelle was in a little bit of culture shock and officially became a Parrot Head.


* I bought a Nintendo Wii. I think in the coming year of 2009 it will be the source for a lot of fun as Michelle, Chad, Hayley, Laiah and myself will put it to good use in 2009.

* Michelle went on vacation to Myrtle Beach and left me to slave foe the week. Oh woah is me...LOL

* The 2008 Summer Olympics kicked off, Michael Phelps dominated the Olympics winning numerous Gold medals for the US.

* I received a notification that I would have to serve on Jury Duty for a period of time.

* The Steelers trivia show semi-finals aired.

* I traveled to Martinsburg WV on business for a GIS Users conference.


* I brokedown and finally gave in and decided to buy an iPhone. I waited until they were in stock rathet than getting caught up in the Rush. A move I am still enjoying as I love my iPhone.

* The Finals of the Steelers Trivia show aired. Like I had started earlier, we won the entire tournament, Thanks to Chris and Randy. The finals aired before the start of the first Steelers game of the year.

* Brittany made her entire family proud as she was nominated for the 2008 Clay battelle High School homecoming court.

* I was officially offered my current job with SAIC. I had to delay my start so I could finish up my service on Jury Duty. I was only called in one day in six weeks.

* Kaiden Joseph Dalton became part of the family as Amy and Ralphie had their first child together.

* I took Michelle to the Buckwheat festival, it was her first time in attending the festival and her first time of eating Buckwheat Cakes.

* Michelle and I attended the WVU- Marshall game and Michelle got a chance to have her picture taken with Mark Patton.


* I started the month of October off a little bit under the weather. I actually took a couple of days of vacation from IMC because I was feeling sick.

* I officially stated my current job with SAIC at the NETL at the DOE. To say that I was ready for a challenge at that time is an understatement. I have been challenged and very satisfied with this decision, best career move I have ever made.

* Went to Century III Mall and Primanti Brothers with Michelle on one Saturday. It was a lot of fun just to get out of town for the day.

* Learned how to Write KML's for work. Something that would cause a piece of my work to draw the attention of someone in a very high office in this country (yes his name is Bush).

* Halloween at Jeans. Michelle volunteered to give out the candy this year, as she has never had any trick or treaters before where she lived. The turnout was a little lower this year than years past, but there were still a lot.



* We sought our last geocaches of the year.

* Michelle and I showed Chad and Hayley where we will be living in about a month. I think they were pleasantly surprised.

* Michelle and I took a nice day trip to enjoy the scenery of Valley Falls in Marion County.

* We elected a new President. For the first time in a long time, I was very happy with the results of the elections. Going by what I have seen so far, we are in very good and capable hands.

* As a prize for winning the 2008 Steelers Trivia Challenge, we were given three pairs of game tickets and field passes for the Steelers v Indianapolis game. Can I just say it was a little bit cold that day. Brrrr. Also, Michelle road the incline for the first time.

* I was out of town once again and I invited for the first time ever a guest author to write a few BLOG entries for George's Journal. Michelle did a great job, hopefully we can get her to continue to contribute to this BLOG.

* We gobbled till we wobbled on Thanksgiving with Michelle's family here in Morgantown.


* I was pleasantly surprised as Michelle and Trish teamed up to throw me a surprise Birthday party. I am one lucky guy.

* Michelle and I went to watch Hayley the songbird sing in the 2008 Morgantown High Choir Christmas concert.

* Spent a day with Trish, Arron and Michelle in Pittsburgh as we visited Tanger Outlets and Robinson Mall Christmas shopping. There was even a little side trip to Sarris's candy.

* We all traveled to Ohio to Michelle's Grandmothers for her family Christmas, followed by a trip to her Dad's. I really enjoyed myself and am looking forward to going in 2009.

* Michelle got into a little fender bender on a night when Morgantown was covered in ice and the city was in complete gridlock.

* Daniel came in for a visit with Kim and to see everyone.

* Christmas 2008 was created with another little movie file. This was one of the best Christmas's I have ever had, so this is what it's like to be with someone you love during the holidays. I can get used to this.

* WVU Football won the Meineke Carcare Bowl and the Basketball team blew out Ohio State. It surely was a great day to be a Mountaineer.

* 448 Blog Posts for the year. A new record.



A Very special Thank you to all my readers who make writing this BLOG worthwhile. 2008 was arguably the best year of my life, lets see if we can top it in 2009.


Stay Safe tonight and thanks once again for reading. I have enjoyed writing.

No comments: