Links

Friday, June 22, 2007

Way to start off a weekend.

I had a good start to the weekend already, even though it is only Friday morning. I was listening to the Eric and Kevin show this morning and they were playing 20 questions for a couple tickets to see Evan Almighty
tonight at 7:00 atCarmike Cinemas. The first clue was "Ann Frank Called me Home" and I started calling. There were a few other clues that came our before I got through, however I already knew that it wasAmsterdam. I won the two tickets...woo hoo.

Yesterday, they gave another set of tickets away for the same movie. Ready for the
irony, Kevinis mythird baseman and yesterdays winner was Dan
Barnes
, who is our softball teams leftcenter fielder. The contest was completely legit, we were just the two winners.

Anyways, that is how my weekend has started. BOPARC will be playing the dreamworks movie Over the Hedge tonight at dusk at the Amphitheater on the waterfront. It's free just bring a blanket or a chair and some snacks and enjoy a free movie out under the stars. The weather is supposed to be nice tonight, so it should be a good movie nightand a chance for everyone to see the new water fountain on the river of the Mon.


In other news, the movie A Mighty Heart is being released today. It is the true life story of former Journalist Daniel Pearl who was publically beheaded in Pakistan. One of the main charctors is Asra Q. Nomani who I graduated Morgantown High School with in 1982. Her website.
Hope your weekend starts off as good as mine.

No comments: