Links

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

My Personal Music Top 12, #6

Looking for something different to do on Wednesdays, so I thought I would come up with a series of My personal Top 10 (it's going to be 12 in this case) of my favorite music growing up through the years. I decided I did not want to repeat any artists to allow for a variety, so I had to come up with 12 unique songs by 12 unique artists that I personally have enjoyed the most through the years. I'll do one song/artist every Wednesday from my own personal preference. How well do you know me? Do you think you know my top 12 and in order? 

#12 If you Don't Know me by Now - Simply Red

#11 I Believe in You - Don Williams

#10 Still They Ride - Journey

#9 Rough Boy - ZZ Top

#8 Immigrant Song -  Led Zepplin

#7 Paper in Fire - John Mellencamp

#6 Fins -  Jimmy Buffett


Anyone who knows me knows I love me some Jimmy Buffett. I think I have seen him 12 times and Michelle I think is at 11. The artist I have seen more than any other artist. Michelle and I actually themed our wedding around his lifestyle. 

The first time I had ever heard fins it was live at PNC Park. 50,000 people in Unison waving their hands in the air and I was hooked. It was a tough choice to make a favorite Jimmy Song, there are so many that he does that I absolutely love, but I think Fins has to take the top spot for Jimmy in my rankings...this week. 

Some of Jimmy's band are outright legends in their own right. Mac McAnally is a 10 time Country Music Association Musician of the Year. Nadirah Shakoor has the absolute voice of an Angel. Morgantown's own Ellie Mannette, the inventor of the Steel Drum even played the Steel Drum for Jimmy at PNC Park. How many of you knew that the best Steel Drums in the world were made in Osage? 


No comments: