Links

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

My Personal Music Top 12, #4

 Looking for something different to do on Wednesdays, so I thought I would come up with a series of My personal Top 10 (it's going to be 12 in this case) of my favorite music growing up through the years. I decided I did not want to repeat any artists to allow for a variety, so I had to come up with 12 unique songs by 12 unique artists that I personally have enjoyed the most through the years. I'll do one song/artist every Wednesday from my own personal preference. How well do you know me? Do you think you know my top 12 and in order? 

#12 If you Don't Know me by Now - Simply Red

#11 I Believe in You - Don Williams

#10 Still They Ride - Journey

#9 Rough Boy - ZZ Top

#8 Immigrant Song -  Led Zepplin

#7 Paper in Fire - John Mellencamp

#6 Fins -  Jimmy Buffett

#5  Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard

#4  Turn the Page - Bob Seger 


I have always been a big Bob Seger fan, I first started to get into hinm with my old buddy Smitty when he was a huge Bob Seger fan. He was always listening to his against the wind album.

It was a couple of years later, I remember stopping by my Sister Terri's and hearing the sone Turn the Page on the radio. I stayed in the car and listened and sang it, it was one of the first times a song actually captivated me like that. It has the ability to pick you up and put you into his life as if you were the one living it. You knew what it was like being an early 70's rock star and some of the troubles you may run into. 

Funny story, back in the 90's I used to play softball for Judies Lounge here in Morgantown. Well Sunday - Thursday Night Judies was a strip bar then would bring in bands on Friday and Saturday Night. Of course you have a bunch of guys with a great softball sponsor giving us free entry, free beer and so many pitchers of mixed drinks and they had naked girls running around, so I may have stopped by a few times after games. I remember one night one of the strippers put this song on the JukeBox. Big mistake, instead of guys sitting by the stage tipping her, we were all in the front of the bar all singing this song un unison. She was just sitting on the stage just shaking her head. I think that was the last time she selected that music to strip to....lol


No comments: