Links

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

My Personal Music Top 12, #5

Looking for something different to do on Wednesdays, so I thought I would come up with a series of My personal Top 10 (it's going to be 12 in this case) of my favorite music growing up through the years. I decided I did not want to repeat any artists to allow for a variety, so I had to come up with 12 unique songs by 12 unique artists that I personally have enjoyed the most through the years. I'll do one song/artist every Wednesday from my own personal preference. How well do you know me? Do you think you know my top 12 and in order? 

#12 If you Don't Know me by Now - Simply Red

#11 I Believe in You - Don Williams

#10 Still They Ride - Journey

#9 Rough Boy - ZZ Top

#8 Immigrant Song -  Led Zepplin

#7 Paper in Fire - John Mellencamp

#6 Fins -  Jimmy Buffett

#5  Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard

Def Leppard is a band that I fell in love with the first time I heard them. I first noticed them around 1982 when they published their third album, Pyromania. The first song I remember hearing was Photograph and I thought these guys kind of had a led zepplinesque about them Heavy Guitar Riffs and Vocals they just invited you to scream out. 

Their fourth album, Hysteria took them being an awesome rock band to the leaders of the industry. A lot of good music came on that album including my favorite Def Leppard song Pur Some Sugar on Me. It was almost an anthem to my generation sung by a band with a one-armed drummer named Rick Allen who lost an arm in a car wreck between Pyromania and Hysteria. The band could have easily replaced him, but they didn't they waited on him to re-perfect his craft minus an appendage. 

I still love listening to their music all these years later. 


No comments: