Links

Thursday, June 04, 2020

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out, time to look at some of the 30,000+ images that I have either captured with a Camera, Scanned or just simply stolen off the internet. Little lost moments in time that I post up and relive tight here for everyone while I try to recall the moments around that image. Sometimes it's pretty easy to find that image and sometimes it's a challenge, although one thing it always is is a whole lot of fun for me.

I wish this picture was a little more in focus, but we'll take it as it is very significant. This image was taken at one of the Friends and Family Picnics that we used to have. It's a picture of my sister Kim, niece Brittany, Michelle and myself at Krepps Park.

That big ole flag was a present that Michelle and I had given to Brittany to honor her graduating from West Virginia University.  I had worked with my congressman to purchase the flag and the significance of it is that this is a flag that was flown over the US Capital Building in Washington DC on the day that Brittany received her Degree from WVU. She brought it to the picnic to show me that she had received it.

If you ever know of an event you would like to do this for for someone, you just need to contact your congressman. In North Central WV you can order one here.

Have a great day today, make it memorable as this one was.

No comments: