Links

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Wednesday

Here I am once again, at the dreaded day of the week where I have the most trouble coming up with content to write about it. It's not a weekend, it's not a work week bookend and it's not a themed post, it's the one right in the middle of everything where I am usually the least inspired.

I need something to talk about, so let's talk about the NFL Draft. A sport we all love and have a local interest in as well as our favorite teams.

The first round of the NFL Draft is tomorrow evening and it starts at 8:00 PM. I had seen some previous mocks that had two Mountaineers going in the first round, but both players stock has seemed to have dropped and diminished since the end of the season. I don't see any Mountaineers going in the first round this season.

The Second and Third Rounds of the NFL Draft will take place Friday evening starting at 7:00 in the evening. The Mountaineers could see as many as four players drafted during these rounds. QB Will Grier, Lineman Yodny Cajuste, Linebacker David Long  and WR David Sills.

Saturday will be rounds 4-7, if any of the above players are still available they will be waiting along side Gary Jennings and Trevon Wesco.

I think all of these players will either be drafted or picked up as a free agent after the draft. I'm thinking the Patriots are looking at Will Grier and the Steelers are looking at David Sills, but when the draft is going on there are all kinds of curve balls that can be thrown.

It all starts tomorrow night.

Have yourselves a great day.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: