Links

Sunday, February 03, 2019

Sunday

Here I site in a quiet household, I have slept in and gotten up a little later than normal this morning. There is nothing playing on the TV behind me as I was streaming a movie earlier, but I'm still sitting here collecting my thoughts for the day.

Today is the advertisers dream, it is the Superbowl of advertising as we watch Super Bowl 53 this evening as the Los Angeles Rams take on the New England Patriots. This is actually a repeat of Super Bowl 36, or Tom Brady's first of what will be his record 9th Super Bowl that he has played in and the Patriots will try to tie the Steelers with 6 Lombardi Trophies.

Other than that, my streak is over. I worked 32 consecutive days and now I am going to take a day off for the first one since January 1st. My workload has greatly diminished, so I will have more free time than I have had for the next couple of months with RTI. I've still got work, but it is a matter of trying to chase people down and get elusive interviews completed.

Michelle and I are going to have to make some adjustments to our W-4's this year, I have already adjusted mine for RTI and my AECOM one is fine for the Fed. We got an unexpected eye opening yesterday when we did our taxes, and it just seemed to steamroll. We are going to owe a very significant chunk of change to both the Federal and the State. We did have our most productive year ever, a year that was a little eye opening as to how much we made, but that also means that you have to pay the piper and that we are going to have to do. I'm hoping there was just a problem with the tax code, but when I looked at how much we made and how much we paid since we have been married, it's simply we didn't pay enough in taxes.

Have yourselves a great day and enjoy the Super Bowl.

No comments: