Links

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit in a quiet household once again, we are dog sitting Chad's Pitbull Ace right now, and we are both up watching something on HBO and collecting our thoughts for the day.

Chad is in New Orleans for an aquatic show. He cleans and maintains saltwater tanks around town and he went down for the MACNA Conference for the weekend. He is down there all weekend with all his expenses paid and he flew first class yesterday, tomorrow he and the people that he is down there with will be attending a New Orleans Saints Game and will be in a private suite to enjoy the game. He is down there with a couple other people who are picking up his tab, one is one of Morgantown's highest profile residents and the winning Quarterback of Super Bowl 25 (hence the private at an NFL game). Experience of a lifetime for him with the Hostetlers.

Ace
Michelle is heading North here in a little while to surprise her Grandmother Ruth (Gigi) for her 96th Birthday. She is going up today and coming back tonight, she is also taking Ace (Chad's Pitbull) with her and dropping him off at Jon and Laura's for the weekend. Chad will get him back when he returns from New Orleans. EDIT UPDATE:, Ace is staying with us this weekend, there was a change in plans for Chad's flight yesterday so there was a change in plans for where Ace will be.

Me, I have to get Pearl inspected this morning, she is due for her annual state inspection and I have it scheduled to be done this morning at Hartsel's. I tried to get it done the past couple of weeks, but two weeks ago was move in day and they were all booked up last weekend so I scheduled it for first thing this morning.

After that I am going to take my last field day out in the field with RTI. This will be day 28 of my streak, and my last day of this streak as I am taking tomorrow off and they are taking my remaining case load and giving it to someone else for clean up. That means I will be off all next weekend and I'm doing the Happy Dance!!!!!!

The Johnny Koon "Light Up the Night, Lantern and Butterfly Release" is being held this evening at Westover Park starting at 6:30. All proceeds that are raised go to the Johnny Koon Brain Tumor Research Fund at WVU Children's Hospital. Lanterns and Butterfly's are $5.00 each, the memories that they create are priceless. Grab a few extra coins you have laying around and and enjoy the wonderful event.

Have yourselves a great day today, make a difference in this world.

Hi ho hi ho


No comments: