Links

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well Monday is done and we are now looking at a fabulous Tuesday, I still can't think of a better reason to do a tidbits, unless it is to annoy a few people which I have been known to do.

* It has been 19,224 days since I first set foot on this planet, now using my math and my new and improved 905 days calendar that makes me just 21 years old.

* 4,447 day ago I fulfilled a lifetime dream and graduated from West Virginia University, my hometown University and Alma Mater

* 3,048 days ago I was fortunate enough to take this special lady out for a night on the town, we did Pizza and a movie and that was the start of the rest of my life.

* 2,272 days ago I proposed marriage to Michelle, I had made her wait until a certain number of days, but she knew it was coming and said yes.

* 1,809 days ago in front of our closest friends and family at the Marilla Center, Michelle and I exchanged our marital vows and became husband and wife. We then feasted on a great meal prepared by some very special ladies.

* I have around 5,613 days to go until I retire, give or take a few hundred here or there.

* We are 2,251 days away from the Backyard Brawl being renewed when WVU and Pitt will once again take the field and the Mountaineers will once again whip that pathetic ACC rear end into the ground.

* My nephew Calvin and his GF Jeanetta will be getting married in 340 days from now.

* My favorite season of the year is Spring, which were are just a mere 244 days away from =)

* Phil the Groundhog takes center stage in 198 more days where he will predict our next 6 weeks worth of weather. I see he was on Facebook this past week getting hammered.

* My Goodbye 2016 blog where I relive everything that was posted in my blog over the last year will appear here in just 165 more days.

* I still haven't seen WalMart put up Christmas stuff just yet, but it's getting closer as there are only 159 more days to go until Christmas.

* The next anniversary of my 21st Birthday will be in just another 135 more days.

* We tried to make it to the Springs Festival last year but the weather was not cooperative, we'll try it again in 81 more days. It's a great place to go and see if you have never been there.

* Our fifth Sea Cruise will take place in 54 more days when we set sail out of Baltimore once again. Everything is already booked, paid for including out hotel room and we're just counting the days down until we head east. You can watch what everyone is doing on the lido deck mid-ship right here.

* The WVU Football team will take the field and open their 2016 campaign in 46 more days when they take on Missouri.

* We are 35 days away from all of us Parrot Heads uniting once again in Pittsburgh, that is just six weeks and we'll be hearing Jimmy sing.

* There are 18 days to go until Michelle and my Fifth Wedding Anniversary.

* This is my 4,534th blog that I have written for George's Journal. I'm going on 12 years as a blogger here in just a couple of months.

* I have moved to the next step with the Brother Search, I have purchased a DNA kit and just mailed my sample in yesterday morning for analysis. Results should be back in the next 6 to 8 weeks. Maybe this will lead to something, maybe this is just a dead end as well, but this is our final hope. I'll post the DNA results on a couple of sites, hopefully we can find a match if he is looking too.

* The Hall Family Tree is still up and running with 370 members in the database and that will continue to grow this fall.

* This coming weekend will be the first one for a while that Michelle and I actually won't have any plans. I will in all likelihood be heading out into the field for RTI and doing a little field work.

* Despite what some people may believe, I do not have OCD, especially when it comes to counting things. I enjoy sports statistics, balancing my bank accounts and other types of activities, but my Tidbits is more of a content filler for my blog than an obsession with numbers despite this being the 34th time we have had this conversation.

* With everyone playing the Pokeman Go game around the country, might I suggest a more rewarding and fun game like geocaching which I highly recommend.

* Former All-American and NFL Wide Receiver Stedman Bailey will be returning to WVU to work as a Student Assistant this fall. Bailey was shot in the head last year by a drive by shooting and is recovering very quickly, I would love to see him make it back to the NFL.

* We still need a family event for August, anyone have any suggestions for a family get together? I'm not opposed to grabbing some picnic table somewhere and doing a small cookout or even just a kickball game someplace.

* “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” ~Arthur Ashe

* Hi ho hi ho

No comments: