Links

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

I Hate Snow Wednesday

Not sure if I have ever mentioned this here before, but I Hate Snow. Not just a little bit, but I REALLY Hate snow and all of the treacherous travel that goes along with it.

Van Voorhis Road yesterday morning was an absolute joke. Michelle got out early and went to work, she must have just left in the nick of time because that is when everything around the house started getting bad. Cars in ditches, trapped on hills and even people with chains on not being able to make it up around the turn. I have an all-wheel drive Legacy and I couldn't even get out of the driveway most of the day because of all of the gridlock due to the ice and snow around the hill.

Where was the State Road Crew and the Salt Trucks? This was absolutely ridiculous as I can usually wait an hour or so later and get out after they treat the roads. I have to wonder if the state even has any drivers left as I don't think I saw a state road truck all yesterday morning to open things up around the hill where I live.

I've seen road conditions bad before, but I can't say that I have ever seen the state road so un-prepared in my life. Budgets need to be upped or they need to start chopping heads from the top down as this is completely unacceptable.

Have a Great day and try to stay warm.

No comments: