Links

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look back through all of my pictures that I have either taken, scanned or stolen off of the internet through the years. Little Lost moments in time relived and the story retold right here on my blog. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task and sometimes it's not that easy, it is however always a whole lot of fun.

This picture goes back to Christmas Day 1983. What you seeing my sit in front of was the first computer that I ever really used. Yes that keyboard was the computer and the monitor was the black and white TV that was in my and Gary's bedroom.

It was a Tandy first generation computer, one that had (get this) a 2 Kilobyte's of memory that we expanded with an additional 15 kilobytes of memory. This is old school computing, it was a time when Macintosh was debuting their apple computer, there were no operating systems, everything had to be programmed in Basic and the only way to save anything was to hook a cassette tape recorder up to it and hope that it saved. It was all text based and very tedious.

We all did love it though, I would go buy books that had programs in them and we would all go and program them to get the end result. Sometimes it was a clock, sometimes it was a mathematical daredevil game and sometimes it was just the simplest of functions. I know know that we all loved that thing, not as much as the intellivision, but it was the Hall Family's introduction to Computers. We've came a long way since then.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: