Wednesday, December 31, 2014
* William Devault passed away. William was Mark's Dad, the keeper of the Devault family tree and a great guy.
* Due to the Polar Vortex, Wind Chills dropped as low as -24° F. This was as cold as it has been in Morgantown in roughly 20 years.
* Michelle and I sponsored Sidney Switzer, Jane's Daughter, as she was traveled to Amsterdam to play Catcher for the United States Softball team in the Europe Cup.
* Sheila Eddy pleaded guilty to First Degree Murder of Skylar Neese.
* I wrecked Pearl, I put a ding on the left front bumper that needed repaired.
* Michelle and I retired the Taurus and purchased LP, my new day to day car.
* Phil saw his Shadow, it would have been nice has we ONLY received another six weeks of winter.
* Another snowstorm hit Morgantown pretty hard, making our front driveway a pretty entertaining place to be. Numerous cars ended up in the ditch.
* My Uncle Ralph passed away. I saw my cousins Sharon and Lynne for the first time in a few years.
* We planned and booked our 2014 cruise.
* Michelle and I bought each other our Valentines Day Gift to each other, a Webber Kettle Grille that we ended up using all summer long.
* My niece Amy's pet chicken Marvin was run over by a car. Marvin was actually the one chicken that she had that was more of a pet than anything else.
* Michelle and I went to Pittsburgh to have Hayley's iPhone repaired. She had shattered the screen.
* Michelle and I had dinner with an old co-worker/mentor of GIS of mine, JB Churchill. He found a job that was closer to home for him and wanted to have dinner one night.
* The WVU Rifle Team won another National Championship.
* Hayley moved back in to our household, we rented a U-Haul and Chad and Laiah were a big help in helping her move.
* We finally officially broke in our Valentines Day Gift of a Webber Grill.
* Windows XP saw its end of life date come and go.
* Michelle and I traveled to Washington DC once again for the Cherry Blossom Festival, we caught them in full bloom this year.
* I bought and installed a personal cloud service for the home, something that would allow me to access all of my files remotely.
* We reserved a Pavillion and started planning our Family Pic Nic for July.
* WVU Baseball team played their last games at Hawley Field. The Field will still be around, but a new ballpark will be opening up in 2015, I attended the game where we beat Texas.
* Amanda Paugh (Michelle's Niece) Graduated from WVU with her Masters Degree, we all went out to Oliverios to celebrate.
* We taped the Steelers Trivia Show that we won for a second time, it played throughout the Summer, but it was all taped at KDKA Studios in downtown Pittsburgh.
* We attended not one but two of my nephew Calvin's Graduations.
* Michelle and I "Officially" Started our weight loss journey when we had our first Official Weigh in.
* We traveled to Black Water Falls for a day.
* Hayley turned that magical age of 21 (really).
* Michelle had to have a root canal done.
* Former Marshall Football Coach showed up at Michelle's Office not once but twice, he had a picture of him kissing her and telling me that she is now a Marshall fan. (grrr)
* Former Pittsburgh Steelers Coach Chuck Knoll, the winner of 4 of Pittsburgh's 6 Super Bowl Wins (suck it fans from any other team), passed away.
* Michelle and I attended the Rosiak Family 4th of July Party. An event that I have been going to since the 20th Century.
* For the first time in my life, I battled Gout. I don't drink, so it was kind of confusing for me to get it, but it is painful to say the least.
* We had a family Picnic at Krepps Park. It was a great day and there was a lot of food. My Brother in law Jim flipped the bill for everyone who wanted to go swimming to go swimming, we need to do that again this year.
* Michelle and I visited Hovatters Zoo in Preston County, the place had grown significantly since the last time I was there and this was Michelle's first trip.
* Roger Powell, a long time family friend had passed away.
* Michelle and I attended the Jimmy Buffett Tailgate, we had tickets to go but never made it in due to an illness that she suddenly encountered. My niece Valarie made her first concert and had a great time.
* Michelle and I traveled to Monaca for her Great Nephew Jonny's first Birthday party.
* Michelle and I traveled to Pittsburgh to watch the Pittsburgh Pirates battle Morgantown Native Jedd Gyroko and the San Diego Padres at PNC Park. Jedd drove in the winning run and the Pirates lost 2-1, but we did enjoy a nice fireworks display after the game.
* I introduced Wednesday Wisdom for the first time.
* I was challenged in by Chris Ostein and accepted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. A number of other people in the family also were challenged and accepted it. It was a great phenomenon that raised a significant amount of money for a very good cause.
* Michelle headed to East Liverpool Ohio for her Grandmother's birthday party, I opted to stay home and watch the football game. I ended up going to my Sisters to watch it.
* We had to put Michelle's long time pet of 18 years down. Sadie was suffering and struggling day to day, it was a difficult decision but one that had to be made. We have a memorial to her where she was laid to rest.
* We won the McDonalds KDKA Pittsburgh Steelers Trivia Challenge again. This was our third time trying and the second time that we won it all.
* Michelle and I traveled to Baltimore to start our Caribbean Cruise for 2014. 656 pictures were added to Facebook from the cruise.
* We bought a new Treadmill to put in one of the spare bedrooms, just like everyone elses treadmills, it is rarely used. lol
* As part of our prize for winning the Trivia Challenge, we were special guests at the Pittsburgh Steelers vs Tampa Bay game. A game that we lost 24-27.
* Michelle and I met my long time Smitty and his wife Stephanie at the Springs Festival. This is the third year in a row that we have attended this festival with them.
* Michelle and I took a trip to Moundsville, West Virginia to visit and tour the now retired West Virginia State Penitentiary.
* Michelle, Jean and Pam attended the Taste of Home Cooking Show here in Morgantown. They have done this event a few times and all really enjoy going.
* The WVU Football team upset the #4 ranked Baylor Bears here in Morgantown 41-27. There were a few couch fires around town that night.
* I had the wonderful procedure that you get when you turn 50, the Colonoscopy. I put it off for a number of months, but I couldn't avoid it forever and had it done.
* College Gameday made their second appearance in Morgantown, we were playing TCU and had them, but we let it slip away at the end and ended up losing 30-31. Couches were safe in Morgantown that night.
* I bought a new scanner for the house and did manage to scan nearly 700 pictures during the entire month.
* Michelle saw her journey to Gastric Bypass Surgery come to full fruition as she had the surgery and started the recovery process.
* We spent Thanksgiving Day with Michelle's family at the Cassville Firehall. It's an annual event that they have there every year and we managed to raise enough money to host next years event. Hayley was accepted into Fairmont State, now both of Michelle's kids (Chad and Hayley) will be furthering their academic careers at Fairmont State University.
* We set up my Mother's Christmas Tree. This is the second year that we have all made customized ornaments and placed them on their tree.
* Morgantown was rocked by tragedy on my Birthday, there was a quadruple homicide in Morgantown where four people lost their lives before a deranged gunman took his own life.
* My great-niece Kynlea had surgery. It was a quick in and out procedure and she was honestly being sent home before I could even get an update.
* Michelle and I attended my Companies Christmas Dinner held at the Fujiyama Restaurant.
* Michelle and I traveled to Ohio for her families Christmas Dinner as well as traveling to my Sisters earlier on Christmas Eve to celebrate Christmas Eve there prior to the chaos that was about to follow in the next few hours.
* We lost both Jean and her brother Mick within a few hours of each other. Jean's official time of death was listed as December 24th and Mick's was listed as December 25th. A double viewing and funeral was held for both Jean and Mick as well as Gravesite service.
* I have written 411 Blog Posts this year for George's Journal, my eighth consecutive year where at least 400 posting had been made.