Links

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, I'm the only one up and going on just a couple of hours of sleep and I'm just sitting here with the TV off collecting my thoughts for the day. I'm thinking real hard about going back to bed and laying down for a few more hours.

Well the Funeral arrangements for both my step mother Jean and  Uncle Mick  have both been completed and will coincide with one another at Hastings. The viewings and funeral will be run simultaneously but in different viewing rooms. Monday afternoon from 3:00 - 5:00 and then again from 7:00 - 9:00. Then there will be a viewing on Tuesday Morning between 10:00 and 11:00 with the double funeral beginning at 11:00 followed by a final memorial at East Oak Grove where Jean will be buried next to my Dad with Mick in very close proximity to them and his parents. Both Full obituaries will be available today in the Dominion Post and a more condensed version in tomorrow's edition.

Jean had arranged for her own funeral and written her own obituary in January prior to her having surgery, there were a correction or two that were pointed out but were not published on the website or in the newspaper with the corrections until it was too late and it already went to press. Namely Kynlea Dalton was spelled inaccurately, even though it was pointed out.

I need to make a DVD with Jean's pictures today for the funeral as well as possibly assist Michael in making a memorial video for his Dad.

Have a great day.

No comments: