Links

Saturday, February 08, 2014

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Well normally I would tell you that I'm the only one up and in a quiet household, however I can't make that claim this morning as Michelle is battling some kind of a flu and headache and has been up a couple of hours before he. She has had both her flue shot and her pneumonia shot for the year, so this has me wondering what it could be. Her chest is tight with pressure and she is having trouble lying down. My suggestion is a trip to WVU Urgent care today.

Well we got Pearl back yesterday, they replaced the bumper and have her all fixed as good as new. I was kind of surprised that it only took a couple of days, we went to Donnie Body Shop and they did a very good job and did it quickly. I would give them a strong recommendation but the Marstillers are selling all of their property on Collins Ferry Road and that will include closing down the trailer court, the body shop, the gun shop and everything else associated with the property. Donnie says he has no plans on re-opening the body shop and my guess any of the businesses as they are all probably going to retire.

Attended Uncle Ralph's funeral yesterday, it was a very sad and solemn time, it was a time for me to reflect just how great of a man he was.  The services were at the Kingdom United Methodist Church and burial was at the Beverly Hills Cemetery. The service was in the Mausoleum, not sure if that is his final resting place or that they have a grave site somewhere on the property and used this building due to the inclement weather. They released a white dove at the end of the ceremony and I thought that was a very nice touch.

Have a great day and enjoy the Winter Olympics today, last nights opening ceremony was one for the ages.

No comments: