Links

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013


* I attended some training at WVU for Python Geoprocessing for work.

* We all gathered together on a Sunday Morning to wish my Mother a Happy 70th Birthday.

* There was a waterline break up in our garage, the water worked its way downstairs into our hallway, fortunately there was minimal damage and it was caught early by Chad.

* I had my third and final meeting of my Career with Secretary Chu. He had moved on back to private industry and gave everyone a send off.



* My Old buddy Phil did not see his shadow, meaning that Spring was right around the corner. Looking back on the weather, I think he made that prediction based on my threats because that was one strange winter.

* For the first time in history, two Brothers coached against each other as head coaches in the Super Bowl.

* We first same "Sammy the Steeler Gnome"

* We booked our 2013 Cruise, we planned and booked our cruise for 2013, and we took the same cruise that we took in 2012.

* Pam and George McClain celebrated their 25th Wedding Anniversary.

* Jimmy Buffett Tickets went on sale for his 2013 Pittsburgh Concert. 




* It was March that my torn Labrums finally got the best of me and I stopped lifting weights on a daily basis.

* Spring did officially arrive on the Calender, but the weather was less than cooperative.

* We dog sat a couple of puppies from upstairs for the week of Spring Break.

* It was announced that Morgantown will be getting a minor league baseball team in 2015. 



* April saw both Michelle and I take an extended weekend to our Nations capital for the Cherry Blossom festival. We went at what was supposed to the peak weekend, but it didn't turn out that way. We did enjoy being there as this was Michelle's first trip to our Nations Capital.

* 4G LTE service became available to Morgantown residents. This increased the internet speed of us iPhone users and being that we have a friends and family share plan, we're able to do Facetime without a wifi connection.

* We purchased and assembled a nice swing/hammock for the spring and summer that never really arrived.

* A couple of morons bombed the Boston Marathon.

* The NFL Draft saw Tavon Austin go in the first round, Geno Smith.

* I retired my old computer and purchased a new desktop for me.



* We attended Trish and Joe Donaldson's wedding in Reedsville.

* I started using an ap that I use every day between multiple machines, and both mine and Michelle's iPhones. Evernote is my all time favorite ap.

* My niece Amy had a Thrity-One party.

* We upgraded Chads's iPhone for his birthday.

* We taped the Steelers Trivia Show, a show in which we finished third this time after winning it in 2008.

* Arron Hill Rosiak graduated from University High School and Michelle and I were in attendance. Trish had her airhorn and almost had it taken away (ROFLMAO)

* Shawn, a long time friend of Michelle's, came in from Iowa and visited us over the Memorial Day weekend. 



* We launched a new website for Michelle's business that she was going to get into, but that never really panned out. We still own the domain.

* We attended our first of four concerts that we would be attending in 2013. Peter Frampton at Stage AE in Pittsburgh.

* We attended our second of four concerts this year when we went and seen Kenny Chesney, Eric Church and the Eli Young band and Heinz Field.

* We attended the Rosiak Family 4th of July Pic Nic once again. I've went every year since 1997.

* Valarie held Erica and Josh's birthday party together at her home. 



* We had a really nice 4th of July Rib Cookout.

* On the Anniversary of Skylar Neeses death we went to the location that they found the body. Dave and Mary Neese pulled in right behind us and one of the girls whose name had been drug through the dirt was there. We did not want to intrude, we just were looking for the site.

* We had the Morgantown Hugh School 31st Year High School Reunion. The 30th went so well, we did a 31st.

* Twinkies returned to the shelves.

* Long time friend Linda Pinkney passed away.

* We attended our third of four concerts this year when we once again traveled to Burgettstown PA to see none other than Jimmy Buffett. Something tells me we'll be doing that one again this year. =)

* We traveled to Beaver PA for Michelle's Nephews wedding.

* Michelle welcomes the first of two new Nephews.

* I had my second Cataract Surgery. I had my firs tone in March of 2010. 



* Chad and Laiah moved out of our house and moved to Fairmont. He is currently attending Fairmont State University and doing very well. Hayley and Jared moved in as they moved out.

* Michelle welcomed the second of two new Nephews.

* We attended Steelers Training Camp as VIP's due to the KDKA Trivia Show.

* Bobby and Valarie Nicholson celebrated their tenth wedding anniversary.

* Hayley and Jared went to see Mumford and Sons. 



* The month started off with Michelle and I going over to my Sister Pam's for a Pic Nic.

* We took our vacation on the cruise line once again. Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport were the ports that we visited.

* We did eat at Bubba Gump Shrimp at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. Loved that place.

* Was snorkeling in Half Moon Cay and swimming with a school of Tuna and noticed a 4' Barracuda by my feet. Greatest time ever, highly recommend snorkeling on the Caribbean to everyone.

* We upgraded Hayley's iPhone. She had the 3GS so we upgraded her to the 5C, since she wanted a pink one.

* My Mother was admitted to the hospital with Chest Pains.

* Amy held Kaiden and Kynlea's birthday parties together at the Mountain Jamboree.

* WVU beat #11 Oklahoma State, our only high point in a disappointing season.

* A co-worker left for bigger and better things. 




* We had a Government Shutdown, I was fortunate enough that the shutdown never affected me ore anyone in my company since we are contractors.

* I purchased a ticket for the WV Grand Bash in October, but it was moved until January 18th.

* We attended our second Springs Festival this year with Smitty and Steph. It was amazing and it should be a yearly thing we do.

* Jean rolled her car on Summers School Road. She was fine, but her car obviously was not.

* Michelle had surgery on her foot.

* We took a mini trip to Moundsville, had some DiCarlo's Pizza and went atop of the Grave Creek Mound.

* We went to Jeans to pass out Halloween Candy. 


* Our dryer broke and we had to do laundry for a couple weekends in laundry mats until the repiar guy came with the part and fixed it.

* I renewed my Drivers License a little early, I decided to go with the National ID as opposed to the state ID.

* I converted my mom's old computer into a Linux Machine, I had a little trouble getting the wireless ton work but found a solution.

* Josh Judy sings with the Dodgers.

* We once again celebrated Thanksgiving with Michelle's family at the Cassville Fire hall.  They all went black Friday shopping, I stayed home and relaxed.

* We set up both our tree, and a tree for my Mom and Gerald this year. Everyone did a bulb and placed it on the tree for them. We'll do it again next year. 


* The month started off with a bang for me, actually it was the night before, but everyone surprised me and my wife fooled me by getting together and celebrating my 50th Birthday.

* Pam, Moke, Ang, Michelle and I traveled to Pittsburgh for mine and Michelle's fourth and final concert of 2013 when we went to see Jeff Dunham.

* We had two "Cookie Days" to bake our 2013 Christmas Cookies.

* We traveled to East Liverpool Ohio to spend our Ohio Christmas with Michelle's family.

* My little 6 lb buddy Little Rock of Love was hit by a car and broke his little Pelvis.

* Chad and Laiah bought a Subaru after their car had kind of went kaput.

* We spent Christmas Eve with my Family and Christmas Day with Michelle's. I made another video for our Christmas Eve.

* Bunky, Jeans long time tea cup poodle passed away on Christmas Day.

* I have written 417 Blog posts this year.

* See you on the other side of Midnight. 

No comments: