Links

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, being the first one to recover from that deadly battle with the dreaded Sandman from last night. I'm up watching I have no idea what on the TV (I am not paying much attention), and am up collecting my thoughts for the day.

In did get a little bit of fantastic news last night, It seems my niece Brittany had applied to the Disney Internship Program at Disney World. She was accepted recently into the program and she will be spending the second semester this year (January to June) working and studying at Walt Disney World Resorts. I have to say even though I loved my internship at the NRAC and it jump started my career, hers is much much cooler than anything I did and not only am I very proud of her and what she has accomplished, I'm actually quite jealous as well. Congratulations Brittany, you earned it now make the most of  it.

I do have a funny story about that program. I had a guy I played softball with for years. Bob Moore was my pitcher for years and one of my favorite people I have even known. He had a son who was a character at Disney, he played a certain dog named Goofy. It was comical to hear Bob refer to his son when he did something crazy, he would use the pun "He's Just Goofy".

The Mountaineers are off today, but I still think they are underdogs to Bye, but we'll keep the score close.

No major plans for the day but I did hear a rumor yesterday that they have someone ready to occupy the K-Mart space when they close up shop in December. I've heard Gander Mountain will occupy that space from a pretty reliable source. We'll have to wait and see though.

Have a great day.

No comments: