Links

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Government Shutdown Hump Day

Well we're still standing despite the Government shutdown. I worked yesterday and am working today and for the foreseeable future or until the Prime says to cease until we either have a budget or a continuing resolution.

Either way, it's hump day and if you look just over the noon time hump, just on the other side of a photo flashback,, you can see the dawn of another weekend off in the distance.

It was 40 years ago today I suffered the most agonizing injury of my life playing football. Broken leg, a 4 week hospital stay with surgery and a pin through my leg, six weeks in a body cast, back into the hospital for two more weeks of traction, a straight leg cast and a left leg that to this day I still do not have full range of motion on. I suffered what is known as a greentree fracture on my leg, that's when the leg breaks and is smashed together. People don;t know this, but I am a half inch taller on my left left (the leg that was in traction) than I am on my right leg. I have adjusted so no one knows, but it is the truth. I was fortunate, my orthopedic surgeon was one of the best in the world, they actually brought in Audie Murphy to be operated on by him. Good old Dr. Pickett, the man knew his stuff.

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish Chris Ostien a very Happy 41st Birthday today. He throws my name up on the Coliseum and Stadium Scoreboards every December 1st, I can return the favor in my blog.

Hi ho hi ho


No comments: