Links

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit once again on an Early Saturday Morning, being the first to recover in the household from a losing battle with the sandman. I don;t think the dogs or the cats are even stirring round at all and Michelle is still sleeping pretty good. I'm up watching the move the Babe with John Goodman, the life story of Babe Ruth.

Funny little story about the household. As many of you know I was softball teammates with Josh Judy who made his Major League debut a couple of years ago with the Indians. Josh was the second person born ion Morgantown to make it to the Major Leagues and later that season former WVU Catcher David Carpenter made his debut as a Pitcher. The first one player from Morgantown was back 50 years ago with the Indians, so Josh was second, David was third and on Opening Day, the San Diego Padre's starting second baseman for the season will be Chad's old team mate from years ago Jedd Gyrko who I have seen play in both High School with Josh and in College at WVU. I can say I have had the pleasure of seeing all three of these guys play before they were Major League players. I remember going to see University High play Morgantown High once when Josh was pitching against them, and this is the only time I've ever cheered against my Alma Mater. I remember turning to Steve, Josh's Dad after Jedd got a lead off hit and saying now that is a pure hitter, don't be surprised if we see two of these kids in the Majors someday. Jedd will make the second. Congrats to Jedd.

Today will be a shopping and running around day for Michelle and I. We're traveling tomorrow so we'll get the rest of our shopping and everything done before we travel tomorrow.

If you are doing nothing today and you have a few dollars in your pocket that you don't need, there is a fundraiser today for the Skylar Neese family at the Cassville Firehall. This will be to help the struggling family cover the cost of a decent funeral for Skylar Neese who was first missing and later found dead earlier this year. If you have only a few coins, please stop by. My brother in law Jim will be doing a bake sale auction.

Have a great day.

No comments: