Links

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Flatts Elementary 
Here Peanut and I sit in on an early Saturday morning, I'm not sure if she has ended her labor strike just yet, but she's out here. I'm up a little early watching Xmen first class and ready to head back to bed. 

I happened to come across this picture yesterday on a Facebook group. Now the time period is just before I started attending, but this is my grade school (Flatts Elementary) while we were doing our Halloween Parade, something we did every year. We would get in our costumes and parade around the playground like we were special, which we were. 

I started first grade there in the fall of 1970 before I went to 5th and 6th Grade at Chestnut Ridge (all the same school with same Principal, Cafeteria, etc) which still stands today as a bed and breakfast. Someone estimated this picture was from around 1969 or so, so it predates me and I can say that is probably accurate. I see the old basketball court in the background where we used to play kickball, you kicked the ball directly over the other backboard and it was an automatic (our word for Home Run). 

I think the trailer where Dad and Jean used to live at the time of when Gary was born was on the right hand side of the picture, the red and white trailer. It was somewhat in the right location, but their trailer may have been a few trailers down. The edge of the basketball court was pretty much the edge of the property is and that may be more behind where Duncan Donuts (Hardees) was built as opposed to the Burger Chef (Wings Ole) where they did live behind. I would need a broader picture to either confirm or deny it, right color but maybe not the exact same lot. 

So that brings us to day, no plans for the day. Michelle has been feeling a little under the weather the past couple of days, so we are going to take it easy. It could very well be a day filled with movies, naps and playing around on the internet. 

Have yourselves a great day. 

No comments: