Links

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Sequestered Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit in a quiet household, my co-author Peanut is no where to be found, I'm here collecting my thoughts for the day and trying to decide what to watch as I fall back asleep.

With this Corona Virus really starting to impact the local area, besides everything being shut down everywhere, Monongalia County has their first confirmed case of this deadly COVID-19 that has taken over 11,000 lives in the past couple of weeks.

Most of NETL is teleworking, but I've been on site every day to assist those in our Engineering group with being able to get set up and use their work PC's from home. I've got almost everyone in our group set up as well as worked with our Amentum brothers in other sites to assist in getting this ability to be able to telework. We have no idea how long this will impact us, but I think we are doing the right things in this country to prepare and using what is happening in Italy as a sever warning.

I did receive word this week that RTI has placed a Temporary Suspension of In-Person Field Data Collection. Segment materials have not been sent out as they intended this past week. They are anticipating this lasting a month or two before we go back out into the field and have advised many field workers to apply for unemployment benefits as many of my co-workers work this project full time.

Michelle and I are hunkered down here at home this weekend. She's still not 100% and we are not pushing our luck now that the virus is here in town.

I guess it is going to be a naps, snacks and movie kind of day. Oh darn...lol

Have yourselves a great day.

No comments: