Links

Monday, January 06, 2020

We are Home

We finally made it home last night at about 8:30 ish PM. I have to say that we had a great trip, I am once again recertified to work 2020 for RTI and we are all good for the year including receiving my new equipment.

I have to say, this was our best trip to St. Louis out of 4 so far. The first year the Arch was closed down for construction, the second year I went alone and it was sub zero both days so I didn't make it to the Arch. Last year there was a Government Shut Down at the start of the year and the Arch was closed due to that. This year however the weather was perfect, above freezing and pretty much in the comfortable range the entire time we were there.

Saturday Night we finally got our chance after Michelle purchased our tickets online to go up into the Arch and take the tram to the top. I posted a number of pictures on Facebook of our adventure and even live streamed it for a little while. Our timing was absolutely perfect as the sun was just starting to sit on the St Louis side and was a breath taking view as it dropped below the horizon.

Today I am off work from the office and will return tomorrow, but this afternoon I am going out into the field to start my 2020 First Quarter Field work all refreshed with all new gear. We have a number of Sunday Morning chores for the morning however that we will have to get done. Michelle is my rock and will get a few of those done on her own as I'm out in the field.

Have yourselves a great day.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: