Links

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Sunday

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, Michelle is sleeping sitting here collecting my thoughts for the day and contemplating relaxation today.

I am kind of excited about a couple things, one I'm off from both jobs today ending my 13 day streak and 53 out of the last 55 days. I'm going to enjoy the day and I'm actually going to do it again tomorrow to give myself two consecutive days off for the first time since late March. We are hiring a new Field Interviewer for the area I have to travel to to work, but they can't start until July 1st when after they travel to Raleigh, North Carolina for 7 intense days of training and a new quarter starts.

Most important thing I'm excited about today, Michelle went to Harry's yesterday and got all kinds of meat for the Freezer and she also got a big Pork Butt so the 2019 Smoking Season is about to begin today. I'll pull the smoker out in a few hours and get it started load it up for the first time this season. If you don't have a smoker, I highly recommend getting one as it is the best way to cook anything. A long slow cook and infused with a wood flavor into the meat, it's amazing.

I see where my sister Kim was in Pittsburgh yesterday, after her dog Brandi passed away a few weeks ago, she found a breeder and purchased another Yorkie. The new pet was flown in yesterday from the midwest and Kim and Robert were at the airport to meet the new arrival.

Michelle and I also went over to Trish's yesterday afternoon for a cookout. We got to meet Arron and Makayla's new addition Adalynn for the first time. She is such a cutie and you can tell is very loved by everyone as she has a big personality.

Have yourselves a great day today, I plan on it.

No comments: