Links

Friday, July 28, 2017

Big Ole Hairy Friday

Yes it is once again that time of the week that we all look foreword to, when we can take time to cease the labors for the week and take a little bit of needed time out to enjoy the fruits of those labors. It is once again the dawn of another weekend and a Big Ole Hairy Friday.

Actually I am taking both today and tomorrow off from working for RTI, this will be my second consecutive weekend off, as so I can attend my 35th High School Class Reunion this weekend. Festivities kickoff tonight at Whitetail Crossing with a mixer. Nothing officially planned this evening, but it will be nice to see everyone who is coming in for the reunion.

We did have a partially attended 31st year reunion or a small get together than was pretty nice, but this will be a much bigger one with a number of people coming into town to enjoy the festivities. I know of at least one friend who is will be attending his first reunion and was actually the guy who talked me into starting my wrestling career. He's now a retired police officer living in Texas. I have another one who I have not seen in a number of years who wanted to kidnap me about a year and a half ago for an evening when I was in Raleigh training for RTI, but I was a busy trying to take everything in and study and it never transpired.

Smitty has done a great job organizing this reunion and getting he picnic ready to go, and Ron and Sarabeth will be hosting tonight and tomorrow nights festivities for everyone to enjoy.

On a side note, with much sadness I found out last night that one of our cruising buddies, the one who made Michelle a Steelers purse, Cheryl McCann had passed away after a long battle with cancer. Mark was able to take her on one final cruise this Spring. RIP Cheryl. we'll be eating flat iron steaks, Caesar Salads and Shrimp Cocktail in your memory.

Have a great day, I plan to.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: