Links

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Photo Flashback Thursday




Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out, time to reflect on days gone by that I have captured in pictures. Little lost moments in time that we are allowed to relive once again because someone had a camera handy and captured the moment. I like to select one of those lost moments in time and write a little something about it, briefly reliving a time and maybe stirring a few memories of some of my readers of yesteryear. Sometimes these are really easy pictures to find, it just jumps out at you saying pick me pick me. Sometimes it seems like you have looked at all the pictures over and over and it's hard to make a decision. One thing that always stands true though is that I always enjoy myself looking through the pictures.

This weeks picture is appropriate, mainly because we had our first bit of snowfall for the year yesterday. All is well though, there is plenty of toilet paper and milk to go around after those first few drops hit the ground.

I thought this picture was sufficient to remind me more than anything else, that it could have been much worse than the few snowflakes that hit the ground in the area yesterday. I have seen 12" of snow here in October before and with the leaves still on the trees, that is a recipe for disaster.

I don't know if I have ever expressed my feelings about the cold weather and snow, but I'm honestly not a fan of snow. A couple inches Christmas eve and stay around for about a week and I'll be happy, provided it's not on the surfaces that I am trying to operate a motor vehicle on. I do love to look at snow, just as long as it is in another location rather than where I am at. For the most part however, my feelings toward snow where I am are pretty much this. I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!

Have a nice day.

No comments: