Links

Thursday, October 03, 2013

Photo Flashback Thursday




Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through all my pictures that I have either taken, collected or scanned through the years. Little lost moments of time that I like to select one and reflect upon it in my blog. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task, and sometimes it's not so easy to find that one special picture to write about. One thing that it always is is a whole lot of fun.

This weeks picture takes us back a few years it's of my sister Pam, some skinny ass comedian and myself a few years ago when he made a trip to Morgantown.

Growing up Gallagher was arguably my favorite comedian. I remember anticipating his Showtime specials and loving each and every one of them. In the 70's and 80's there was Gallagher  and then everyone else. He greatly influence the way I look for humor in life. The one I remember the most was at Ponderosa when it first opened in Morgantown, they had a big sign out front that said "Now Serving, USDA Grade A Beef". Immediately my "Gallagher Logic" kicked ina dn I asked the obvious question. "If you are now serving USDA Grade A Beef, what the heck were you serving before?"

He's pretty much retired now after a few heart attacks, but it was an entertaining night I will always remember.

A little tidbit about him, after he graduated College he was living in Fairmont, West Virginia and that is where he wrote the "Sledge-A-Matic" bit that is his signature piece of comedy.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: