Links

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Surgery

Well I am scheduled for my cataract surgery today. AS of the time of me writing this blog, I still do not know what time my surgery is scheduled for because the schedule still has yet to come out yet.  Hopefully Ruby Memorial can give me a fair amount of notice so that we can plan accordingly. It was scheduled for this day weeks ago, I think they are a little inefficient in getting their schedules out.

I'm not a hospital administrator, so I have no idea what all pertains to the surgery, but you would think that they would have most of the details worked out before this.

Like I stated,  this is my second cataract surgery, my first one a few years ago was so bad it was like taking a piece of wax paper and putting it over your eye, that is how bad my vision was affected by it in my right eye three years ago. With my left eye today, I have about 20/40 vision in it (as opposed to the worse than 20/400 I had in the other eye) and this should increase my vision back closer to normal so to speak.

The procedure is to remove the cataract and replace it with an intra-ocular lens, and this will be my second. I anticipate a few days of headaches as my eye adjusts to the lens like it did the other eye, but this is probably the easiest surgery you could ever have to be honest with you and my Doctor is great.

Have a great day.

No comments: