Links

Sunday, July 07, 2013

Sunday Morning

Well here I sit this time in the early AM and no one else is awake. I'm up all alone collecting my thoughts on the day. The AC still hasn't been fixed, but it is semi bearable so hopefully the temps don;t go into the 90's today.

Had a great day yesterday, went to the gun range yesterday and quickly found out that my wife is a much better shot than I am. She was more consistent and was kicking my butt on a pretty consistent basis. We purchased a home protection firearm and this was the first time we actually fired it. We stayed close to home waiting on the AC repair guy to come and he never did.

Yesterday we ran across something kind of surreal. Yesterday was the one year anniversary of the disappearance of Skylar Neese who was found to have been murdered. Her body was found somewhere around the location indicated at the end of this post. Michelle and I decided that since it was the one year anniversary of her disappearance, we wanted to find the memorial and we did. As we arrived the Neeses were about 2 minutes behind us and arrived at the same time. When the body was first recovered, I had heard three names that were named with this incident. Two of them were listed here and a third one that I haven't heard in any press but from pretty close resources. The third girl shall rename nameless, but I got a first hand account yesterday that she had nothing to do with it as she was sitting on the memorial bench when we got there helping to paint rocks and beautify the location with who I would assume was her parents and a friend. They were all working with the Neeses. It was a humbling experience to say the least. I have a geocache all set up that I would like to do a memorial cache for her and tell the story of what happened, but I would get Dave and Mary's permission before I would ever do anything like that. I know she liked butterflies as Michelle took note of that. It is a beautiful memorial, a very nicely done grass roots memorial.

Today, it's back to grocery shopping and getting ready to head back to work tomorrow. Ugh.

Have a great day.

No comments: