Links

Saturday, February 02, 2013

Groundhog Day

Yes I am up on this day, a day that is dedicated to my old friend Punxatawny Phil, the great rhodent of the meteorology world who gives us our forecast of what we can expect the weather to look like for the next six weeks. It is none other than one of my favorite holidays, one I have dedicated many blogs to and about. It's GROUNDHOGS DAY!!!!! (Or lizard day, depending on Phil's eyesite this morning).

Michelle and I actually have a friend who make the trip to Gobblers Knob quite often, I even considered booking for it this fall but with the uncertainty of the Federal budget opted not to. Our friend Jes is probably on her way up Gobblers Knob as I am typing this blog.

In years past the event has either been televised on TV or has been streamed live for everyone to enjoy. I remember watching the entire event one year from Frostburg and it looked like the place to be. 10,000 fans on the knob and a concert and fireworks display, I want to do this some time in my lifetime, call it being on my bucket list.

On a personal note to my old buddy Phil. Did you enjoy the booze and hookers I sent? Do you want this to continue or are we celebrating Lizard Day next year?

On a serious note they are calling for a lot of snow today, good day to watch the movie Groundhog Day, so stay warm and enjoy your day.

Come on Phil.

No comments: