Links

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekend Wrapup

It's early Sunday morning and once again I sit in a household that is not making a peep. The movie Titanic is playing in the background and I'm up and at em early to write my blog.

There was a bit of shocking news last night, on the eve of the Grammy's one of the greatest voices of not only my generation but all time has passed away. Legendary singer Whitney Houston died at the way too young age of 48 yesterday afternoon in Los Angeles. An article that turned out to be the last photo's ever taken of her alive from a couple of days ago is kind of shocking to read after the fact. Her great voice has been silenced. I was fortunate enough to see her at the WVU Coliseum at the height of her success.

As discussed yesterday Michelle and I finally decided on what to buy each other for our Valentine's Day Present to each other. A few things were tossed around like a new TV for the bedroom, a new Food Processor, even a canopy swing for the back patio that we will probably buy when the weather breaks. This year we did our research and decided on a very nice convection oven Breadmaker from Cuisinart. We spent the day yesterday researching them and pricing what we wanted and finally decided on this model. We also bought the electric carving knife pictured at the bottom of the page to go with it to make cutting the bread a much smoother process.

When we got home yesterday we tried out the new bread maker and I was extremely impressed with it. We made a two pound loaf of white bread and it turned out absolutely perfect and just the way we set it up to do. I was looking through the recipe booklet and see a lot of recipes that sound very interesting and I would love to try. I think we are going to love this machine, it will allow us to set it up before we leave for work and arrive home to a freshly baked loaf of bread.

Have a great day and stay warm.

No comments: