Links

Saturday, February 04, 2012

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit in a quiet household, everyone here is sleeping except the dog Sadie who is doing a her dog thing over on the pillow. I'm watching a great movie in the background about West Virginia, Matewan, but it is a movie that I have had the pleasure of seeing numerous times. I've always really liked that movie and it was the best thing on the boob tune at this time in the morning.

When I was a kid my Saturday Mornings used to be filled with all kinds of entertainment, like HR Puffinstuff, Buggs Bunny or the Wacky Racers. It was a time when all the channels showed cartoons and kids stuff. Somewhere along the way Looney Tunes was replaced by long Saturday morning news casts.

Anyways on to the present day. Michelle is feeling better, but I still have my chest cold lingering a bit. It's not going to be enough to inhibit either of us from doing anything today. Too bad the weather is not going to be as warm as it was this past week when I was home sick or working.

The good news is I am starting to see some plants coming out of the ground at work. Daffodils are starting to push up through the ground and my favorite time of the year is just right around the corner. I'm anticipating the day when I can pull out my butt cushions and head on over ton Hawley Field and watch the Mountaineer Baseball team take on somebody as the sun beats down on me. Come on sunburn...LOL

Have a great day

No comments: