Links

Friday, February 24, 2012

Big Ole Hairy Friday

Yes it is once again that time of the week that we all look foreword to, when we can take time to cease the labors for the week and take a little bit of needed time out to enjoy the fruits of those labors. It is once again the dawn of another weekend, and a Big Ole Hairy Friday.

As of the time of me writing this blog, weekend plans are up in the air. I know Michelle had talked about going home for the weekend and had messaged her mom a couple of days ago, but no reply yet to my knowledge. I know she also wanted to go home and see her friend Holly, but wanted to lump it into a couple of nights. My plans are to stay here and do the shopping regardless of whether Michelle goes home or not, other than that the rest of the weekend is pretty much up in the air.

A congratulations goes out to a co-worker, he became a first time father yesterday morning as his wife delivered a beautiful 7 pound baby girl yesterday morning. It was a long night followed by an 8:00 AM birth, so it will probably be an extended weekend for him and I'll be holding down the fort today. Congratulations Scott and Amy.

It's a lifting and a cardio day for me today, so that means I'll be heading in a little early to allow my body enough recovery time in between sets. I do a number of upper body exercises that I move from one station to another on pretty quickly and then rest about 5 minutes after completing all the stations and then repeat this a couple of times. Then I usually 200 lbs on the bench press and go until my arms fall off from being tired and then I do 30 minutes of increasing cardio followed with a set of 100 curls with each arm every ten minutes followed by about 2-3 minutes of cool down. I usually finish with a fifth and final set of benches and increase the weight accordingly to do as many reps as I can with an additional 12.5-25 lbs. I've been doing this for about six months now, ever since we got married and I can really feel the difference in my chest, arms, shoulders and back.

Oh well, hi ho hi ho

No comments: